Tuesday, November 21, 2006

No time to train? - no excuses!

Sometimes things just don't turn out the way you want. I was supposed to be at 2 basketball games with my team yesterady from about 6pm to 8pm. Because of rain, we got delayed and finally postponed without a game being started. It was upsetting because it finished so late and I was unable to get to the gym. Ugh. No excuses. After dinner it was 930pm and there was still time before bed to get some productive work in. I did some jump-rope intervals spaced in with prehab, core and revcoery (from yesterdays training) exercises.

Jump rope x 100, 15 bent over rows with jump stretch bands
Jump rope x 100, 15 upper back band pull-apart with JSB
Jump rope x 100, 15 pushups
Jump rope x 100, 15 unsupported situp
Jump rope x 100, 10 reps/side shouder external rotations
Jump rope x 100, 10 leg raises

I did 2 sets of each of those for a total of 12 sets of 100 jumps. I alternate 1 set of double leg skipping with 1 set alternate leg skipping so thats 6 sets of each. This is an example of making the most out of a bad schedule. There are really no excuses not to train.:)

Nobody is laughing on the last few sets...