Friday, September 01, 2006

Tis Teachers' Day

Im blogging from the Mariot Hotel Singapore where I'm the photographer at a teachers' conference on this teacher's day (thats our speaker Mr Eugene Seow along with our Guest of Honor Minister of state for Education Liu Tuck Yew .

The theme is "celebrate teachers". How awesome. Sure I was not the most obedient or school lovin student but I have to agree that teachers' need to be celebrated. Its a really tough job and (although the money is decent here in Singapore) it has to be a calling and not just a job... The responsiblity to the next generation is so great, the pressure from schools, exams, and parents is so diverse. Some of my best friends are teachers. They do struggle but they persevere and I am 100% sure that they are AWESOME teachers. I wish my teachers were as good and caring when I was in school.

Haha I always joke that some of my atheletic ability was developed in the classroom where my messy work resulted in books and chalk dusters being thrown my way by ahem.. teachers haha. *Dodge* *Weave* *Duck* see that duster fly right by!... see thats where i learn some footwork and agility:) so i still can be thankful!

To all teachers, have an awesome teachers' day, I know your job is not easy and with the troubles in the family and in marriages all over your job will only get tougher. But please stick with it!

You are absolutely necessary and precious! Thank you all.